How To Deposit Money To Paypal in Kenya Using Mpesa Paybill.
Considering the fact many Kenyans have been depositing money to their Paypal accounts using third parties, news of MPesa and Paypal collaboration will be of much relief to them.
As of 2022, Paypal users in Kenya can now deposit money into their accounts directly using Safaricom’s Paybill number. The top-up service to PayPal allows you to top up funds from your qualifying M-PESA account to your linked PayPal account to shop online or make payments with PayPal.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to do it and the transaction charges involved:
1.Log on to the M-PESA PayPal web page (link) and select Top Up funds
2. Enter the amount to top up in USD and click ‘calculate’ to get the equal converted amount in Kes. to be transferred from your M-PESA account. (Exchange rate used will be displayed on the same page)
3. Go to your M-PESA menu and Select ‘Lipa na M-PESA’ and then the ‘Pay Bill’ option
4. Enter Business no. 800088
5. Enter your phone number as Account No. i.e. the phone number you registered with on PayPal.
6. Enter the Amount in Kes.
7. Enter your M-PESA PIN and Send
8. You will receive a text message from Mpesa for a successful transaction.
N/ B: You will be charged a 4% conversion fee for the amount you will be depositing.